How Much Will My New Kitchen Cost?
Before signing a contract, make sure you’ve received a line-by-line schedule of pricing that breaks out the cost of the different components of the project.
Do any seem particularly expensive or cheap? If it’s too cheap, is that a sign that the company is using inexperienced labour or cheap knock-off products imported from places like China.
How much do you pay and when? Reputable companies take a 5% deposit in advance, further payments on reaching certain milestones and final payment on completion.
Renovations can be unpredictable and it’s possible circumstances will change after the project is underway. Unforeseen issues can pop up, but there should always be conversations to decide the best way forward.
If there is a need for extra budget, it’s essential that the company gets your approval to do the work – and that this is specified in the contract.
Questions on the cost …
- Do you provide costs of line items as part of your quote?
- How much of a deposit do you require before starting work?
- Are there any hidden or extra charges in addition to the amount we agree upfront?
Be wary of companies that ask for a big deposit or even all of the money upfront. That’s a another red flag.
How Rosemount does it:
- We require a 5% deposit for all our projects.
- We’re committed to clear and transparent pricing, and show the cost of each element in the contract so you know how much of your investment goes to each component.
- In the event that something comes up during the renovation requiring more budget, we’ll discuss the options with you, and only after getting your approval, will we do any necessary additional work.